Whether you have a modest backyard or a fully-fledged outdoor kitchen, entertaining outdoors is easy with a few top tips from the experts.
Summer is all about soaking up the sun outdoors and enjoying good times with family and friends. Here are our top tips to beat the heat and keep your barbecue party going, no sweat, this summer:
- Design Your Space. Planning your party space before the guests arrive is essential. Will guests be seated at tables, snacking around the barbecue, or relaxing on the nearest deck chair? Plan a main buffet table for the food and have your guests help themselves to ensure you get to enjoy the evening too. Scatter chairs about so guests can easily move about, while allowing them easy access to the food table.
- Menu Master. Become a masterchef in your own backyard and expand your culinary skills by testing out easy, yet super tasty barbecue recipes. Prawns, kebabs or veggie skewers are always a hit with the guests and are guaranteed to have them coming back for more.
- Thirst Quenchers. When it comes to summertime parties, running low on icy cold beverages simply isn’t an option. But this doesn’t mean as host you should have to play bartender all day. Keep the drinks flowing and the guests hydrated by filling colourful enamel bins with ice and assorted bottled drinks. Or, alternatively check out the BeefEater® Outdoor Fridge. Available in a single, double or triple door, this innovative outdoor fridge is sure to keep your drinks cool and your guests refreshed.
- Light the Way. Opting for an evening barbecue is not only a clever way to keep the guests cool, but also provides a great opportunity for you to add a sophisticated feel to your outdoor soiree. Try using lots of white tea candles around the garden and hang fairy lights to transform your backyard into a cocktail party-ready space, that’s certain to add an intimate ambience to your get-together.
- Kid Around - If young ones are going to be part of the festivities, plan creative ways to keep them entertained. Ring toss and twister are great activities that’ll have the adults involved too. Alternatively, a table just for kids, covered in white butchers paper with crayons will have them drawing and entertained for hours.