- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, grated finely
- 1 large red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Salmon fillets, skin on
- Extra virgin Olive oil, to drizzle
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl, stir
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. If you have time, let it sit for more than 2 hours.
- Brush BBQ plate with oil. Preheat to medium.
- Drizzle salmon generously with oil, season. Place onto the BBQ skin side down
- Cook for 3 minutes or until skin is golden and crispy, then use tongs to carefully turn. Cook on each side for 2-3 mins or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate, and drizzle over chimichurri.