- 1kg of sand whiting fillets
- 100g rice flour (to rub fish)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pineapple, sliced into crescents
- 1 red onion
- 200ml white vinegar
- 100g white sugar
- 50g sea salt
- 1 head radicchio
- ¼ head of red cabbage
- 1 ripe mango
- 4 ears of corn
- 50g butter
- 1 tin of black beans
- 100g kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tin of Mexican chipotle
- Red chillies (for garnish)
- 1 bunch coriander (for garnish)
- 1 bunch mint (for garnish)
- Traditional Mexican flour tortillas
Pickled red onion
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Slice into thin crescents.
- Combine white vinegar, sugar and salt, and add the onions, mixing well.
- Set aside for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Combine kewpie mayonnaise, a tin of chipotle chillies and lime juice to taste.
- Use a stick blender to combine ingredients.
- Boil a pot of salted water. Peel back the husks of the corn (do not remove) and boil the corn until soft.
- Pre-heat the BeefEater 1500 Series BBQ to 200°C.
- Coat the corn with olive oil and chargrill on the hot plate until slightly blackened.
- To serve, slather in butter, pepper, salt and paprika and slice down the sides so that the kernels fall away in sheets.
- Cut your pineapple into discs and then into thin slices. Remove the core.
- Lightly spray pineapple with olive oil spray and cook on hotplate of the BeefEater 1500 Series BBQ until caramelised.
- Cut into smaller slices.
- Cut in half and lay face down directly on the BeefEater 1500 Series BBQ hotplate until slightly charred.
- Slice with a mandolin as finely as possible.
- Slice cheeks off mango, peel and then cut into thin strips.
- Cut into wedges and then grill until slightly charred.
- Strain and set aside.
- Dry fish on a paper towel and then lightly dust with flour, salt and pepper.
- Ensure the BeefEater 1500 Series BBQ hotplate is well oiled.
- Cook fish quickly (1minute per side) or until the outside is crispy (do not overcook).
- Heat briefly on the BeefEater 1500 Series BBQ hotplate.
- Take 1 tortilla and layer with red cabbage, radicchio, black beans, pineapple, corn, whiting, mango
- Top with pickled onion, chopped chilli, coriander and mint leaves.
- Dress with chipotle mayo and a squeeze of lime.