- 2 tablespoons of ground coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ground cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of ground fennel seeds
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 tablespoons of ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 4 beef steaks (rib eye on the bone, sirloin or rump)
- To make the rub, place all ingredients except for meat into a food processor (or mortar) and process into a powder.
- Massage rub into the meat and let it stand for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ and cook meat on medium heat until it is cooked to your liking (approx. 3 mins on each side for medium rare).
- Rest meat for 5-10 minutes before serving.